HRH " Young Bess "

I have just finished this Doll, I wanted to do a period Doll that can be posed. Not a tiny one this time, She is about 10 ins tall with her big Henin hat giving hermore hight.
I made her dress with Ivory velvet and lots of tiny seed beads sewn on her dress and Hat.
 I had the Elizabethan era in mind when I dressed her. When I came to wig her she suited the Red Tibetan hair. So I thought I would name her HRH Elizabeth I.
Then came the notion HRH " Young Bess "
I hope you like my new Doll. I am rather attached to her ha ha!







I think I will find it hard to sell this one, but I must keep up my war against Cancer with my little fund.
I may have won my war, but many are still fighting.
My one fear is that I may have passed a bad Gene to my dear Daughter or my six beautiful Granddaughters. I pray I am the last and we will find a cure very soon.
So until that day, the war must go on.......
Thank you for looking friend. xxx

4 comments:

Unknown said...

She is lovely Rita and the costume is stunning.

If you do sell her I really hope you get a very good price for her, you deserve it.

Well done too for your fighting spirit against cancer.

My friend of 40 years is in remission at present but I am dreading when she has to come off the Chemo for a while.
Lots of prayers are going up for her and all others with this problem.

Take care and God Bless! xx

Rhissanna said...

She's really lovely. She shows a lot of love and care and I know how hard it is to part with a doll, sometimes. That's why I take a lot of photographs.

Very good news about that horrible disease. I hope you go from strength to strength and yes, they need to hurry up and fix this! Treatment is fine, but a guaranteed cure is needed.

craftyJane said...

This is one gorgeous doll, I have so enjoyed my journey through your blog thanks for inviting me xxx

Unknown said...

Thank you for stopping by. I appreciate your comments...
Your doll is exquisite..I know how you feel about selling her.
Thank goodness you have won the cancer war...
Hope you have a wonderful week!
XOXO
Dessa Rae